phpBB newest user incorrect

Troubleshooting with your custom scripts/programs installed on Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

phpBB newest user incorrect

Postby papa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 am

Polarhome forum top page (phpBB) shows sureshbabu16_redhat as the newest user, but tfurrows_alpha has been added more recently.

Not a high priority bug, but thought it better to at least document.
David "papa" Meyer
Takarazuka, Japan
papa@ alpha | ia64 |debian | netbsd | redhat | vax
papa

Re: phpBB newest user incorrect

Postby sjaz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:16 am

You're quite right of course, one being Sept 2016, the other much newer in 2017.

I'll try and catch one in the act to see where it's tripping over, I wonder if it's a synchronisation task that hadn't ran cleanly as it's not a typical race condition with such a large gap.
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: phpBB newest user incorrect

Postby zoli » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:34 am

The problem is, that the user creation in the forum is disabled (because of spam and abuse).
The only why to create a forum account is to ask for forum account while registering a template account on any host.

The forum normally updates the counters... but I could not manage to make this when creating the new user in the database direcly. The solution is there - I read the code - but for some reson it does not work.

In the Board admin menu - need to run "Resynchronise statistics" - that fixes the problem.

If somebody tell me what more should I update in the database in order this to work - I would be very thankful.

PS: I already spent several hours reading this function, mimic what it does in the database - regardless the Board respons just when run from the admin menu "Resynchronise statistics". Means I do not understand something :)
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Troubleshooting