netBSD also down?

Troubleshooting with your custom scripts/programs installed on Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

netBSD also down?

Postby eX » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:06 am

I saw on polarhome NEWS that some servers are damaged, but I can't see netBSD mentioned nowhere - which is more down than UP in last week or two. Usually this server is very stable but now... I think that it isn`t up more than hour or two every day. Usually process die after 20 or 30 minutes of running and I am not able to log into server whole day. Every day is same. I really miss "old" great stable netBSD polarhome server.
eX

Postby eX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:23 am

It gone again - 12 hours ago. So nobody don`t know previous answer?
eX

Postby afonic » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:48 pm

Well winter is hard in Sweden and as you see in the news page there are some power problems that Polarhome is facing.

Just be patient (email support@polarhome.com to report the problem) and it will be fixed. As you know polarhome doesn't have a server admin next to the servers all the time, it's one guy that does all the job, so do not expect quick fixes when something happens.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby sjaz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:09 pm

:roll: unfortunately.
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby eX » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:09 pm

afonic well... I didn't complained at all ( I don't have right to do that and i really appreciate work from that one person which you mentioned) I just wish to get some competent details from someone what happened with THAT server. Your answer don't look competent, since it probably isn`t right. Did you notice that this server isn't mentioned among those which are in malfunction and that this server is down even when other are up. This moment for example... This probably isn't one from most popular polarhome servers and it probably don't have that many users so maybe "this one person" even don't know that server is mainly down in last few weeks but I didn't want to bother zoli through mail about this, since some other might know something.
eX

Postby DenisF » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:41 pm

The reason why our answers are incompetent most of the time, is very simple - we don't know any more than you, the users, do.

See, polarhome [all servers except mandrake, which is located in my room] has only one admin, Zoli.
None of us, mods [inc. matej] have any *extra* information or access to polarhome, so when a host goes down, we know exactly zero about it.
and we can't do much except tell everyone 'hey please wait until zoli fixes it'.
that's the sad truth.

So please, don't feel that some of us know more/less, cause at the end of the day, the only person who knows something is zoli, all we can do is guess.

Best Regards,
/DenisF
[ FAQ ] :: [ Policy ] :: [ Port Forwarding Guide ] :: [ Search ]
DenisF
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby sjaz » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:38 pm

And ultimately, its a free service so stop bitching. :)
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby afonic » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:56 am

Just be patient (email support@polarhome.com to report the problem) and it will be fixed.

That is what you need to do. If you think he doesn't know, tell him, you use that server not me.

You got to understand Polarhome needs it's community support to go on, don't just sit there and wait for others to do the job, help as you can when and where you can.

Edit. A [/code] tag was lying out there!
Last edited by afonic on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby eX » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:56 am

DenisF, thanks for answer. I understand you. And sorry for bothering.

sjaz, did I leave impression to you that I don`t know that? Please, be so nice and read again my previous post (first sentence atleast).
eX

Postby eX » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:58 am

afonic what you know about my life and about "my sitting" here?
eX

Postby afonic » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:01 am

It's a fucking expression. FFS.

Closed.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Troubleshooting