new error - 1030(28)... what is this?!

Troubleshooting with your custom scripts/programs installed on Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

new error - 1030(28)... what is this?!

Postby oren04 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:40 pm

"Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 154
File : functions.php"

again in my forum... earlier it couldn't connect to database, now this, what's going on? how do i fix this one?
oren04

Postby afonic » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:41 pm

As I said before, probably MySQL server in Fedora is not so stable yet. Please email support@polarhome.com if you haven't done so.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby oren04 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:43 pm

I have, twice... no answer yet...

Can you tell me abit about this error?...
oren04

Postby Matej » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Seems like your database needs some REPAIR TABLE work. Just wait until Zoli (our support team :lol: ) takes a look at it.

Or if you can't wait go to PhpMyAdmin, select all your tables and choose repair.
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby zoli » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:22 pm

hi,

for some reason the /var partition on fedora was full.
Therefore mail was delayed and mysql databases/indexes might became corrupted.

I started the procedure to recover and repare databases... it will take a while, but at the end of the day they should work again.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby oren04 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:32 am

Thx! it's working again (for the time be...)
oren04

Postby oren04 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:51 pm

it keeps happening! this 28 error... this is frustrating, is it gonna be fixed? i got about 100 users and they are killing me...
oren04

Postby s1cko_debian » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:53 pm

afonic wrote:As I said before, probably MySQL server in Fedora is not so stable yet. Please email support@polarhome.com if you haven't done so.

I guess you either choose a different system, or wait until the problem gets fixed.

Patience

Sicko
s1cko_debian

Postby afonic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:37 pm

oren04 wrote:it keeps happening! this 28 error... this is frustrating, is it gonna be fixed? i got about 100 users and they are killing me...

It is gonna fix but we won't do it any faster because you keep asking about it. There are million things that need to be done, one person to do them all, please understand.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby oren04 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:38 pm

afonic wrote:
oren04 wrote:it keeps happening! this 28 error... this is frustrating, is it gonna be fixed? i got about 100 users and they are killing me...

It is gonna fix but we won't do it any faster because you keep asking about it. There are million things that need to be done, one person to do them all, please understand.

I completely understand, but i think you have the responsablity of at least telling me if it will be totally fixed and in how long (approximately) or if it's gonna keep happening....

Cause i'm in the dark with this, and my users keep bombing me with questions... i hope i wont need to look for another server cause i really like this one.

Thanks...
oren04

Postby afonic » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:13 pm

We can't tell you that because we don't know.

It is going to be fixed, but I cannot guess when zoli will be able to do it, unless of course he answers himself. Polarhome is an "educational" web host, if you are looking for many resources and high uptime you won't find it here.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby zoli » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:54 pm

hi,

you will not believe me but I got 63 thousand users and they are killing me as well.

So Fedora is not stable at all.
The /var (20G) partition is getting full for some reason even when the usage is just about 4G.

Moreover the kernel got "panic" because it is unable to write quotaon it :(

I can tell you: I am working on it - and this is the best what we can do so far...

UPDATE:... seems I figured out what causes the problem and I hope that it will be more stable in near future.
Last edited by zoli on Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby eX » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:24 am

oren04 wrote:I completely understand, but i think you have the responsablity of at least telling me if it will be totally fixed and in how long (approximately) or if it's gonna keep happening....

Cause i'm in the dark with this, and my users keep bombing me with questions... i hope i wont need to look for another server cause i really like this one.

Thanks...

Maybe you should spend few bucks for professional hosting since you wrote about responsablity. (Don`t take this as bothering.. just as idea)
eX

Return to Troubleshooting