I'm having problems with phpbb2, hlp pls

Troubleshooting with your custom scripts/programs installed on Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm having problems with phpbb2, hlp pls

Postby WolfclaW » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:53 pm

Hi everyone:

I'm new here, I'm member of debian.polarhome and recently open my account, wolfclaw. I'm asking help cause I can't enter my phpbb page. I enter my username and password, but when I click "Login", shows me a "404" polar page.

More accured, I've uploaded phpbb 2.0.15, as mySQL 3.x The instalation finished successfully, and guide me to the login.php, where happens what I've said before. Besides that, the page gets "blocked" for 15-20 mins, showing me the 404 and redirectingme to a grey page (???) saying ready in the status bar.

I hope you can help me, cause I think it's all well done. Thnx you guys
WolfclaW

Postby sjaz » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:48 pm

Sounds like you supplied the wrong URL when you were installing it which means when you login it tries to direct you somewhere else.
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Matej » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:11 am

It would be helpful if you post the url to your installation and the settings whitch you used.
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby WolfclaW » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:20 am

Thanks for helping me guys, the instalation URL was
www.polarhome.com:753/~wolfclaw/install/install.php
and the settings used was mySQL 3.x in spanish, SQL DB wolfclaw, username same as DB, pass provided by the system, table prefix phpbb_ , DB host is localhost, I dunno what other setting could help you to help me :P. I've already deleted install and contrib folders, and, like I said before, the instalation was successfull.

Something I want to know is, if after the instalation, I have to login with my admin user to the forum, or open some admin page like admin.php???

Thanx again guys
WolfclaW

Postby Matej » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:05 am

First of all debian has MySQL 4 - http://www.polarhome.com/service/statis ... &service=3 .

The other database information seems ok.

Though I am more interested in those:
Domain Name,
Server Port and
Script path.

Seems like the forum redirects people to http://www.polarhome.com:793/~wolfclaw (notice the wrong port - 793 is fedora).

Are you sure that you provided port 753 during the installation?
You can check your database with debian's phpmyadmin ( http://www.polarhome.com:753/database/mysql/ ).
Login using your username and DATABASE password.
Select the config (or [yourprefix]_config) table in the left frame of phpmyadmin.
Now select Browse in the right frame.
Press > or select Page number: 2.
Scroll down and check if server_port has the value 753.
IF NOT: click the edit icon (next to the trash can). Change the port (config_value) to 753 and click go.

IF the port number is the right one (753) than contact support@polarhome.com since something could be wrong with the server.
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby WolfclaW » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:53 pm

Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, that's is. The value of the port was 80, i didn't figured out when I installed the forum, so it's my mistake :(

Now I'm in the control panel, messing with the settings jejejejeje :D

Thank you very very very much Matej :D
WolfclaW

Return to Troubleshooting