Problem acssesing site

No longer supported!

Moderator: Moderators

Problem acssesing site

Postby f9lifes » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:46 am

I have a debian (FTP) account and when I try to load the site ( acsses the index page, forums etc.) the computer just try to connect for some while then pop ups a connection error message that says :"connection timed out when acssesing ..."

but when the site admin panel and mail works fine so I know the server is up . Please help :)
f9lifes

Postby afonic » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:28 pm

Seems to work fine here.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby dillona_aix » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:41 am

I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying so tell me if I'm right: You are not able to access your ftp directory (ex. ftp://username:password@gate.polarhome.com:751).
If it is, are you sure you are typing the directory as it should be(Like I have above)?
Also, if you just created your account, you do not have ftp access because of the new policy(http://www.polarhome.com/service/policy.html).
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dillona_aix

Postby zoli » Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:49 pm

hi,

2-3 days ago we identified this problem with Matej.
Seems the problem is with DNS resolution - that some DNS servers resolvs gate.polarhome.com with an old polarhome.com IP address.

The solution is to use www.polarhome.com or just polarhome.com instead of gate.polarhome.com - until I figure out why this has happened.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby f9lifes » Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:58 am

Works fine now :)

**so happy***

Thanks guys your great!!

by the way , I remmber once there was a donate page so Is it up or the only way to donate is by giving money by shell account and setting up servers :)
f9lifes

Return to FTP accounts