Paid For Shell Account

Support for services available to Shell account users.

Moderator: Moderators

Paid For Shell Account

Postby nullc_hurd » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:01 am

Hi,

I paid $10 for a shell account and it hasn't been activated yet. Paypal email is cHA4NDk5OTYwMEBtc24uY29t(Base64), transaction id# 28C38777RP118554E. It was sent February 28, 2022(today) and the amount was:

Exchange rate
$11.49 USD = kr103.46 SEK
1 USD = 9.007 SEK

Note
Shell Account activation for xxx@hurd.polarhome.com

Details
Sent to polarhome.com
kr90.07 SEK

Fee
kr13.39 SEK

Total
kr103.46 SEK

Could someone please look into this?
nullc_hurd

Re: Paid For Shell Account

Postby zoli » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:00 pm

Hi,

I am sorry... but nobody is monitoring any more the support mailbox, because of:

2022.01.03 polarhome R.I.P - this is the end of 22 years long open-shell journey... with total of more than 200k users on 40+ servers. The main reason is the lack of interest - both from the administrators and users' side as well. It costs a lot to run an environment like this in maintaince hours, hardware and eletricity... the demand and offer ratio does not justify the existence.
The system will be up from time to time to help open source development - but it is closed to the public.

I can activate your account later today
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby nullc_hurd » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:24 am

zoli wrote:Hi,

I am sorry... but nobody is monitoring any more the support mailbox, because of:

2022.01.03 polarhome R.I.P - this is the end of 22 years long open-shell journey... with total of more than 200k users on 40+ servers. The main reason is the lack of interest - both from the administrators and users' side as well. It costs a lot to run an environment like this in maintaince hours, hardware and eletricity... the demand and offer ratio does not justify the existence.
The system will be up from time to time to help open source development - but it is closed to the public.

I can activate your account later today

Oh sorry I didn't notice that. I am planning on researching compiler design so it is a going to be used for the intended reason. GNU Hird seems to be popular with 7 people on as of this posting. Yes please activate my account at your earliest convenience.
nullc_hurd

Postby zoli » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Your account has been activated.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Shell accounts