Is this possible at polorhome?

Support for services available to Shell account users.

Moderator: Moderators

Is this possible at polorhome?

Postby dms_redhat » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:06 pm

I don't quite understand the whole "populasation for shell OS and stuff" but, i would like to know if it is possible to install this and run a shell(whatever that means) to compile my source to linux code. Is that the purpose of this site?
dms_redhat

Postby dillona_aix » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:44 pm

Hi,
As to wether your code is portable to Linux using this, I can not say, but I do not see any reason that you could not compile and run the program. You might want to contact zoli to see if he will install it system wide. It appears to be a product that would be of general interest. Now that I have looked at it, I might actually install it on SuSE after getting the okay from Z. And yes, Linux and Unix development are an important part of this site.
Thank you,
Dillon Amburgey

EDIT: Actually reading this site more, the program costs $69, so SuSE users will have to wait a while.
EDIT2: Actually system-wide install might be against the license agreement.
Last edited by dillona_aix on Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dillona_aix

Postby dms_redhat » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:49 pm

You could install the demo meanwhile. Also how do i contact Zoli?
dms_redhat

Postby dillona_aix » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:01 am

Hi,
I am judging by your username that you want to use this on redhat, which I am not admin of, that would be Z. He can be contacted by PM or at zoli (AT) polarhome (DOT) com.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dillona_aix

Postby dms_redhat » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:31 am

Which would be easier for me to use SuSe or redhat?I am a beginner to Linux based operating systems. If Suse would be easier for me to use then i definately would like this account to be deleted so i may create a SuSe account on polarhomes.
dms_redhat

Postby dms_suse » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:38 am

Sorry for double posting, but i created a SuSe account to try this functionality out. Since you are the admin of SuSe, would you be kind to install the demo version for now? I will ask the creator if it is possible to install the full version for free since this is a non-profit site and the site is for "learning" purposes.
dms_suse

Postby dillona_aix » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:07 am

It is done. Check your PM I sent for details.
dillona_aix

Postby zoli » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:11 am

hi,

polarhome's main purpose is to serve developers.
All freeware software that is needed for development will be installed (if needed resources are available)

But, usually, we do not install commercial software, because polarhome can not cover site licence costs.
Pirate software or products without a valid licence are out of question.

From other side, companies do sponsor polarhome site licences (like Appgate) if they feel that polarhome hosts kind of activity that would be of general interest.

polarhome, with +100k accounts on 14 servers and with tens of millions hits per month is an attractive advertising platform. With a site licence donation vendor gets a very cost effective publicity for the company and the product itself.

Therefore, if you would like to see PureBasic (or any other commercial development tool) site wise installed on polarhome hosts, you are welcome to donate a site licence or write a recomendation to vendor itself in order to issue/donate a site licenece for polarhome.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby dms_suse » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:55 pm

Already did. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. I also posted on the community forums the e-mail i sent to the developer and asked for the community's thought on this. The link is:http://forums.purebasic.com/english/viewtopic.php?p=119036. Again i hope this works out.
dms_suse

Postby dms_suse » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Some good news and some bad news:

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer, but we can't donate site license for your company, in respect to the users who have paid to access PureBasic. It's allowed to install the demo version, but i think it will be limited, especially if your users are professionnels.

So yes you can install the demo version, but not the full version.
dms_suse

Return to Shell accounts