Web-based web site management

Support for services available to Shell account users.

Moderator: Moderators

Web-based web site management

Postby papa » Thu May 20, 2010 3:18 am

I gather that that the web site management features (file upload/download) in Polarhome's Usermin and Horde (Gollem) installations were disabled at the same time as the current membership structure was introduced. Would it now be possible to enable these features for registered shell account members? Or was it abuse of these features by registered shell account members that forced Zoli to disable them in the first place?

It would be useful to be able to make modifications to my Polarhome web site(s) even while I'm trapped behind my company's firewall (though maybe a temptation to neglect my job :twisted: ), but not if it's going to cause problems for Polarhome and Zoli.
David "papa" Meyer
Takarazuka, Japan
papa@ alpha | ia64 |debian | netbsd | redhat | vax
papa

Re: Web-based web site management

Postby zoli » Thu May 20, 2010 9:50 am

Hello,

usermin is a very nice tool, but it is buggy (or at least it was until I followed the development) this is the reason why it is disabled on most hosts.
From other side Horde's Gollem works perfect and all users with shell access can use it.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Web-based web site management

Postby papa » Thu May 20, 2010 10:53 am

zoli wrote:From other side Horde's Gollem works perfect and all users with shell access can use it.

So it does. The other day I couldn't figure out how to open the Gollem file manager on my original Debian shell account, but I've got it figured out now.

I can also access the files on my three new shell accounts (though the results are a little wonky on Alpha, but not a big surprise), so I now have proof you've activated them. ;)
David "papa" Meyer
Takarazuka, Japan
papa@ alpha | ia64 |debian | netbsd | redhat | vax
papa

Return to Shell accounts