Lithuania won against USA! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Topics not related to Polarhome.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SiNGLeLord » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:39 pm

Lithuania won against USA (94:90)!!!!!!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D
I hope we will have olimpic GOLD!!!!
-- Tebunie sviesa! - pasake Bushas ir paspaude raudona mygtuka. (It's some kind of joke)
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby afonic » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:54 pm

You're certainly going for the gold!
Basically I think it'll be Lithouania - Spain - Argentina for the top 3.

I am from Greece and I saw the humiliating (for us) match Greece - Lithouania that we lost around 30 points.
Last 3 years Lithouanias play the better basketball in Europe, and maybe in the world.

BTW what do you guys think about Olympic Games? I think the organisation and stuff are really cool, despite what all press was saying some time ago.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby SiNGLeLord » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:20 pm

I am not interested in Olimpic games, but I sometimes watch basketball and some other games (then Lithuania plays ;) ). But I think Organisation ant other stuff are good.

BTW afonic: not Lithouania, but Lithuania ;)
-- Tebunie sviesa! - pasake Bushas ir paspaude raudona mygtuka. (It's some kind of joke)
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby SiNGLeLord » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:28 pm

<a href='http://eurobasket.com' target='_blank'>http://eurobasket.com</a>
Lithuania national basketball team is a new Deam Team.

:D :D
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby johnjoseph » Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:33 pm

:< As a spaniard i am very sad for the spanish loss. We deserved to play for the medals. Spain was unbeaten just like lithuania, but we had a matchup against the USA nba super team. The destiny is always ufair with spain. And now spain plays to be 7th oh my. I would have like to play to china in quarters , or like italy to puerto rico, spain was better than all of them.
johnjoseph

Postby afonic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:28 pm

Yeah the thing is that in our group (Greece, USA, etc) the last game was a comedy.

It was Greece - Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rico's team did whatever was possible in order to lose with more than 13 points. Funny basketball. As a result we played with Argentina (and lost) and Puerto Rico with Italy. The thing is that USA came 4th (!) and played with the 1st of the other group (Spain) which was supposed to play with the weakest team got USA!! Unlucky!

Anyway I think USA should play much better to win USA in the final (I think this will be the couple). Spain deserved the 3rd place but now Argentina is close to winning the bronwse metal.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby afonic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:12 pm

SHOCK: Lithuania lost against Italy!

I wait for your comments, I think the win was fair, even if the referees were working for Italy a little bit!
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby SiNGLeLord » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:20 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :< :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

no comments....
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby afonic » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:50 pm

BTW USA lost too.

So just reverse what I told 3 posts and you have the two couples, they are just not in the right order!
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby johnjoseph » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:29 pm

:D Oh my god, I think the americans played their life game against spain, how come marbury who did not have scored more than one triple each game, scored all the throws?. And then as i feared, the usa team played really bad against a team like argentina ( remember they lost against spain by 11 points). So the usa should have let us win LOL,then i am sure we would play for the gold, but how unfair is the system. In the other semifinal i was susprised about how italy played, they played very very good, and deserved to get into the final. But indeed, in the italian case, spain defeated them, and i think by 10 points again. This is why i am so upset, it is possible that the team who will win the gold will have a worser avergae than spain, who was unbeaten and only lost one game. Its mean spain plays to be 7th ?, that makes really nonsense. Thatwas all.
johnjoseph

Postby johnjoseph » Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:38 pm

Italy was awesome, they certainly deserved to play for the gold. Saras was over, he was thinking not in the game, he was really nervous, i know him because he played at barcelona and he used to make this kind of things. In my point, italy was better, they played unbeliable in the last quarter, it is a very strong team. But lithuania missed so much stombergas during the last five minutes, whe he got disqualified lithuania begun to loose, because in my opinion he was the only one playing good for the lithuanian team. I think italy will win the gold.
johnjoseph

Postby Questutis » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:00 pm

well, everyone were to happy about lithuania wining and wining and bah they lost :( I'm from there too, oh well again we will have bronze medals only and argentina will have silver medals and yea italy is strong this year (I hate italy now :D ) hope we will win against usa again if not lithuania will have wooden medal.. oh well for the country its good that lithuania lost becuse hahahah if they would won our country budget promised 400 000 litas to everyone and a new car for everyone too, so lithuania would go bankrupt hahahaha for silver ones two times less, .. don't know about the bronze.. but I would want argentina to win the gold, they won gold playing football, it was their first gold medal from 1952 I believe so this would be a good change to them, anything that italy wouldn't get it :crazy: hehe

Olympics are great, I watch, well I don't watch sports to much, so seing the best in the world is quite intresting.
Questutis

Postby johnjoseph » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:41 pm

:lol: Go PAU GASOL
johnjoseph

Postby johnjoseph » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:56 pm

Questius, i am so sorry for the lithuan loss, but you still play for the medals, not like this silly spanish team. And, hey, argentina won two times the world basketball championship ;) .
johnjoseph

Postby afonic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:59 pm

Lithuania lost even the bronze. Big teams win big games, so I think Lithuania was not a big team after all.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby SiNGLeLord » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:04 pm

Well, he lost, but maybe next time we will be more lucky ;)
BTW ligthning don't strike same place twice, so win against same team is more dificult ;)

@afonic small country - small team (but strong) ;)
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby afonic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:06 pm

Yeah I meant not a good team! I mean how can a team who bases it's game in 3-pointers to be good after all?
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby SiNGLeLord » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:17 pm

no one is perfect, I am not very interested in sports so I can't say which team is good, which is bad, but I can say Lithuanian team is/was good ;)
SiNGLeLord
Advanced Member

Postby afonic » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:35 pm

So am I! The think that they usually score something like 18/30 3 pointer and that is a good way to win. But what if you cannot get the basket?

Anyway Lithuania are the European Champions and the 4th better team in the world, not bad!
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Questutis » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:10 am

darn game, well they really made lots of mistakes playing with italy and usa, they could play better, oh well, all is over now... wooden medals are not bad, its good that argentina won againsts usa and italy (lithuanian biggest enemy now lol) ;) well congrats to argentina.
Questutis

Next

Return to Chitchat