phpbb help email error

No longer supported!

Moderator: Moderators

phpbb help email error

Postby demondev_redhat » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:46 am

I keep getting a error when users register at my forum, http://www.polarhome.com:793/~demondev/ ... 13/phpBB2/ I would like to know if i could bypass it, as polarhome does not allow php mail
demondev_redhat

Postby sjaz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:21 pm

There are plenty of "hacks" available, or you can set "User Activation" to none.
sjaz
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby Matej » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:24 pm

In the General Admin > Configuration of your Administration Panel set the Enable account activation to None or Admin.

(None) means that the user does not have to activate their account and they can sign in as soon as they are done registering.
    (User) Means that once they are done registering they will need to check their email accounts for a message to activate their account.
    (Admin) Means that the Administrator has to activate their account for them so when someone signs up it sends you an email and you then have to manually activate each account.

Be sure to disable also User email via board.
Matej
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby demondev_redhat » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Enable account activation is already set to none
demondev_redhat

Postby afonic » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:47 pm

Well the answer you want is, yes, PHP mail() function is disabled in Polarhome. You can't you PHP to send emails with it.

Try some hack (I had found one but Denis decided to prune the forums so it's gone now) that will disable the email that phpBB tries to send and you get this error. (you get this error because even if user activation is off, phpBB tries to send a "welcome to x forum" email anyway)

TIP: www.phpbbhacks.com
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to FTP accounts