IRC server down and CGI:IRC doesn't connect

Irc, Eggdrop, BNC problems and discusion.

Moderator: Moderators

IRC server down and CGI:IRC doesn't connect

Postby J-Rey » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:31 am

Well, I tried accessing both IrCQ-Net (irc.icq.net) and FreeNode (irc.freenode.net) via your chat client but it said they were blocked. Then I tried your default IRC server both through CGI:IRC and XChat and neither would connect.

I am an Op with Puppy Linux and we've been linking to your service on our wiki page. Since its not used very often I'd like to not have someone install CGI:IRC on our servers, if possible. Well, while you're fixing it I'd suggest upgrading to CGI:IRC 0.5.7 as well. I'll watch this topic for a response. Thanks a bunch!
J-Rey

Postby afonic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:05 am

Huh, we are sorry. :oops:

I guess. 8)

Actually I thought that pages was to connecting to polarhome IRC server and if I am not wrong we were talking about closing it due to abuse.

Don't listen to me though! :)
Zoli (the admin) should be able to let you know about this,

PS. Puppy Linux seems nice. /me gets a copy to try out.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby J-Rey » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:53 am

OK I've seen that all of the CGI:IRC sites that I found in Google are setup to only connect to specified servers. Your home page and the fact that its not disabled made me assume that there were no problems with using it (although someone else added it to the wiki before me). Either way is fine, I'd just like to know what's up. Thanks.
J-Rey

Postby afonic » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:05 pm

I guess there is no problem in you using it (polarhome is here to help developers as its main goal), but as I said I don't know if it was disabled on purpose.
afonic
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby zoli » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:00 pm

hi,

cgi::irc server choice was restriced because of abuse some 6 monsths ago. Now just servers in polarhome.com domain are allowed.

I am terribly sorry because of it, but whatever we do here (polarhome.com) there will be always somebody who will find the way to abuse somehow.

About the default solaris server... well, I think chaz took care about it earlier.
I'll check the server and restart it ASAP.
Regards,
Z
---
Zoltan Arpadffy
zoli
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Return to Polarhome IRC