[Ctags-vms] enabling regex

Samuel Ferencik sferencik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:26:09 CET 2008

Hello Zoltan,

ctags 5.7 for VMS does not currently have support for regular
expressions. This means that COBOL, Javascript and other sources
cannot be indexed.

Darren has informed me a while ago that the SVN for ctags actually
contains the regex source module. With this, it is trivial to add
support to regular expressions. I have done this myself (rebuilt ctags
with regex), but I think it would be beneficial if the official
version available on polarhome also had this feature.

If you agree that this can/should be done, I am willing to help. It
only involved a couple of changes when I did it (though I don't know
the process you use to create a "release").

Please let me know what you think about it, and if you think I could
help in any way.

Thanks,
Sam