[Polarhome] policy update

root root@gate.polarhome.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:02:49 +0200 (CEST)

>From 2002.05.07. is valid the updated policy.

1. ftp/mail account are free as they were.
2. set up fee for shell account is 10 local currency but at least 2 USD
value.
3. you can upgrade your account just personally - (seems it was not clear
until now)
4. you do not have to use application form, but have to write down the
whole text on some paper with all disclaimer etc.
5. application should be signed by hand
6. polarhome will accept old policy registrations during this week until
Monday, 13th of May, 2002.

Explanation:
- Some countries as Romania and Slovenia that has a much lower currency
rate than other countries abused old policy by registering hundreds of
account and use them without any respect. Higher registration fee should
stop these users.
- Some users registered other user accounts to earn on polarhome.

But how is possible to earn on polarhome... it means that it will not be
upgrades, no hardware etc and polarhome will just die.

I do not need your registration fees... I have enough for myself and whole
polarhome income so far, would not be enough to pay my real time fee for
one single day. But all we are working and giving it to community, and I
expect  from community to understand it:
- it means no arrogant requests
- positive approach
- help in problem solving
- tolerance in delays
- tolerance in service quality

I want to make it clear that polarhome is not an commercial site. We do
not have advertising nor official sponsors... it is JUST community
sponsored and driven.

To be honest, polarhome does not need lot of users, does not need more
publicity... it needs better quality and workspace for existing community.

Thanks for co-operation.