[Vim-vms] Fun with j

Roger Ivie anachronda at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 20:34:06 CEST 2003

I just installed vim 6.2 on Alpha/VMS V7.3-1 and am having trouble with the
j command. It
doesn't seem to work correctly the first time you press it. Oh yeah; I'm
using the terminal
version, not the gui version.

Suppose I have a file with the following three lines:

>line 1
>line 2
>line 3

and I want to edit line 2. An edit session goes something like this:

- Start vi
- Press j. Nothing happens.
- Press j. Cursor moves to line 2.
- Press ib. Cursor moves to line 3 and a b appears at the beginning of the
line.

This is very annoying as I have to try to keep track in my head of how many
js I've pressed and where the cursor *really* is.

Any thoughts?
--
Roger Ivie
anachronda at hotmail.com