[Vim-vms] RE: VIM on OpenVMS

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Mon Nov 10 10:22:43 CET 2003

Zoltan -

> Frank's code works very well... and it is superior indeed.
>
> Unfortunately, I could not test on older VMS versions than 7.2 (I just lost
> my VAX that runs 6.2), but I assume that Frank did it.
>
> I would have two notes:
> 1. #ifdef __GNV is not needed - Frank do you have some special reason to use
> this define?
> 2. #include <trmdef.h> should be included - it defines all TRM$Ms

I'm glad the suggested code works well for you.

Where would trmdef.h need to be included, just above vms_read()?

For other/older VMS systems: We use "#ifdef VAXC" in os_unix.h.  Does
that make sense here as well?

- Bram

--
Our job was to build a computer information system for the branch banks.  We
were the perfect people for the job: Dean had seen a computer once, and I had

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.Vim.org          \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\  Help AIDS victims, buy here: http://ICCF-Holland.org/click1.html  ///