[Vim-vms] Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS

Groen Norbert n.groen at pinkroccade.com
Fri Oct 22 13:51:36 CEST 2004

Zoltan:

> sorry for late response, but I just arrived from three weeks
> vacation :)

Just in Time.

> Regardless, Vim should not produce such crash if help files
> are not in place (it should be a simple file not found type of error).
>
> I would recommend to download vim-63-alpha.zip from
> http://www.polarhome.com/vim/
> Try to install (unzip) it wherever you have rights - your
> home for example.

Done that, but just to asure you and me, I've done that again.
With the same result ;-(

> Define VIM logical and symbols
>
> $ define vim RF10:[UTIL.VIM]                           ! vim
> main directory.
> $ vi*m  :== mcr VIM:VIM.EXE                            ! vi
> starts vim in chr. mode.
> $ gv*im :== spawn/nowait mcr VIM:VIM.EXE -g
>  ! gvi starts vim in GUI mode.
>
> Try to use Vim.
>
> If this does not work than there must be some major problem
> that needs deeper investigation.
> Please let me know what happened.
>
> Regards,

Just once again:

Downloaded "vim-63-alpha.zip" from http://www.polarhome.com/vim/.
Unzipped in "SMS_DSK:[DEVSMS.USR.ALGEMEEN.VIM]".
Then typed:
$ Define VIM SMS_DSK:[DEVSMS.USR.ALGEMEEN.VIM.VIM63]
$ vi*m:== mcr vim:vim.exe
$ vim
:help
Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS