[Vim-vms] vim hangs

David C. Lyon dclyon at csupomona.edu
Thu Sep 29 17:47:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

Yes, I use SSH (Process Software www.process.com) and connect using
Putty client - VT100 emulation. I've noticed the cut/paste issue but in
my case, I can hit a key and get another line from the paste buffer
until it is all pasted. I have the VMS box in my office and can hear the
disk activity. It sure seems like each character pasted must be getting
written to the swp file one by one.

I have tried the VILE editor and don't have the paste or the multiple
file edit issue. I can also do the tab at the :e command and get a list
of files. I took a quick look at the VILE source (file.c). I think they
do all the file access code there. I stopped using VILE because it was
unpredictably corrupting files, as I recall.

Thanks for looking into this.

David C. Lyon, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Instructional and Information Tech.  http://david.c.lyon.home.att.net