[Vim-vms] Vim-vms Digest, Vol 21, Issue 3

Samuel Ferencik sferencik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:57:26 CET 2007

Hello Zoltan,

following our October discussion about how to define the VIMRUNTIME
logical, I changed the definition in my VMS login script to:
    $ def VIMRUNTIME $VIM
You also changed the setup instructions on Polarhome to this.

Although the previous problems have been solved (the autocomplete
feature is now working), my :help stopped working. When I enter
    :help
in vim, I get the following error:
    Sorry, help file "$VIM/doc/help.txt" not found

Maybe this is a problem with VMS paths in vim, I don't know. In any
case, one working solution is to not define the VIMRUNTIME logical,
and let vim determine its $VIMRUNTIME dynamically.

Can you reproduce this? Can it be fixed easily? If not, perhaps it
would be good to recommend not defining the logical on Polarhome.

Thanks,
Sam