No subject

Wed Jan 9 23:28:18 CET 2008

You need at least a DECUS hobbyist licence to use them, but if you already
run VMS, I assume that you have some valid commercial or hobbyist licence.

Regards, Z

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Agnew - Department of Neurosurgery, VCU Medical Center
[mailto:jpagnew at vcu.edu]
Sent: den 22 oktober 2003 15:39
To: Arpadffy Zoltan
Cc: 'Vim-vms at polarhome.com'
Subject: Re: [Vim-vms] Unable to build vim on vms 5.5-2 with slightly
olde r C compiler.

Actually, I did put the newer DEC C onto the vax, vms 5.5-2 can have up
to DEC C uh, the version number is in your log that I sent you, I don't
have it right at the momemt.  The build proceeded beautifully until it
hit that particular call in the os_vms.c file, and both your patch, and
one done locally resulted in the vim giving that "caught fatal signal
BUS", or something like that...

I do have the oldvax executables working at the moment, and it's
wonderfull It also needed the newer ANSI DEC C libraries, and I provided
  them to someone else (providing the DEC C runtime librariy for your
project is allowed under the license).  I'm enjoying learning VI, but
this version does not support the syntax hilighting..  howeever, I do
have a learning curve so there is *NO* hurry about this. I realize you
all have a life and all.

Thanks for all your help, Arpadffy...

Jim