CT(4) BSD/hp300 Kernel Interfaces Manual CT(4)NAMEct — CS/80 cartridge tape interface
tape ct0 at hpib? slave ?
The cartridge tape interface as found in the 7946 and 9144 products pro‐
vides a standard tape drive interface as described in mtio(4) with the
1. There is only one density.
2. Only the “raw” interface is supported.
3. The MTIOCTOP ioctl(2) is limited. In particular, the command, MTFSR
is not supported.
4. The MTIOCGET ioctl is not supported.
5. The record size for read and write operations must be between 1K and
Special files rct0 through rct3 refer to rewind on close interfaces to
drives 0 to 3. Files rct4 through rct7 refer to no-rewind interfaces.
Files rct8 through rct11 refer to streaming rewind on close interfaces.
(Only 9144 type devices can stream.) Lastly, rct12 through rct15 refer
to streaming no-rewind interfaces.
SEE ALSOmt(1), tar(1), tp(1), mtio(4).
Read and writes of less than 1024 bytes will not behave as expected.
BSD June 9, 1993 BSD