TODO priority list
Thought, it might be usefull to publish some kind of TODO priority information, that lists known problems and notes the assigned priotity. Hope, this will save lot of mail conversation regarding "when will" or "is ready" type of questions. Solved points that are listed below will be announced in news. polarhome does everything to solve these problems ASAP.
As a non professional provider with limited material, human power and knowledge and also a lack of available time that can be spend on these issues - well... sometimes users might wait a while until we shorten the list. :(
Also some issues could be dependent on items listed under wish list.
Send questions, notes to email@example.com
- change the polarhome's IP address to avoid already established IP bans
- alpha - repare hardware or replace the whole box
- disable php safe_mode - executing
- polarhome - find a solution for site certifictes: https, imaps etc.
- openstep - prepare for production
- openbsd - upgrade to the latest release
- netbsd - upgrade to the latest release
- alpha - install MySQL and upgrade PHP
- plan9 - prepare for production
- beos - prepare for production
- statistics - update hardware descriptions
- polarhome - support system wide accounts with shared home directories
- hpux - upgrade to 11i in order to have IPv6 support
- polarhome - finalize load balanced routing and load sharing on the gateway
- mail ssl - enable pop3s and imaps on every system (hard to build UW IMAP with libdrac and ssl support on every system). Progress: almost done.
- ultrix - not much to do - disk crashed :(
- 2007.12.05 mandriva - prepared for production
- 2007.06.21 ubuntu - prepared for production
- 2007.06.09 alpha - the damaged CPU fan is repared
- 2007.06.01 forum mail - hook up on spamfilter - corrected
- 2007.02.13 aix - hard disk crashed - reinstalled from scratch.
- 2007.01.02 gate - not just the hard disk but the whole box is replaced :)
- 2006.10.05 solaris - migrate to the new hardware, upgrade to Solaris 10.
- 2006.09.06 aix - migrate to new hardware, upgrade to AIX 5.1
- 2006.06.16 irix - solving hardware problems
- 2006.06.14 freebsd - solving filesystem problems, purging inactive users
- 2006.04.19 put Tru64 online again
- 2006.04.19 raise user quotas from 20 to 50M (finished on all hosts)
- 2006.03.18 openbsd - upgraded to 3.8
- 2006.01.18 freebsd - upgraded to 6.0 (problems with password and shell change are fixed)
- 2006.01.12 redhat - upgraded to Fedora Core 4
- 2006.01.04 qnx - usermin does not support qnx - port made and submitted
- 2005.11.01 Apply new policy
- 2005.10.27 Upgrade Horde modules, implement MobileMail
- 2005.10.19 phpMyAdmin problems with MySQL 4.1+
- 2005.09.30 openvms - implement new policy - template users etc
- 2005.08.05 debian - chmod does not work with ftp. Use vsftpd instead of wu-ftpd
- 2005.07.26 debian - upgrade to Sarge
- 2005.03.24 polarhome - close open proxy ports
- 2005.03.01 tru64 - install and prepare for production (Tru64 5.1B does not support DEC 3300 harware - find better hardware or older Tru64) - solution: better hardware is found
- 2005.01.30 qnx - prepare for production
- 2005.01.25 irix - prepare for production
- 2005.01.18 netbsd - crashing from time to time, since power problems
- 2005.01.15 redhat - freezing
- 2005.01.07 aix - migration to new hardware and restore data
- 2005.01.02 openbsd - hdd failure -> upgrading to 3.6 (binary not compatible with earlier 3.0 version)
- 2005.01.02 KVM - replace BlackBox with Raritan - fix cables
Polarhome, production since 1999.
Member of Polarhome