[Vim-vms] definition of vimruntime logical

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Tue Oct 2 21:30:57 CEST 2007

Hello,

I could not reproduce this behaviour. Here is an example:

SYSTEM at alpha$ sh log vim*

(LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

(LNM$JOB_8144DA80)

(LNM$GROUP_000001)

(LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

   "VIM" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$SYSCLUSTER_TABLE)

(DECW$LOGICAL_NAMES)

!!!!!!!!!!!! start vim
SYSTEM at alpha$ vi
!!!!!!!!!!!! exit vim

SYSTEM at alpha$ sh log vim*

(LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

(LNM$JOB_8144DA80)

   "VIMRUNTIME" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$GROUP_000001)

(LNM$SYSTEM_TABLE)

   "VIM" = "DKA0:<000000.UTIL.VIM70>"

(LNM$SYSCLUSTER_TABLE)

(DECW$LOGICAL_NAMES)

... as you can see in the JOB table appears logical VIMRUNTIME
and :colo elf competition is woirking well.

You might have some system/proces limitations to create logicals.
If VIMRUNTIME does not exist and something prevents to be created, then we
are simple without VIMRUNTIME enviroment in the search path (#  define
DFLT_RUNTIMEPATH      "sys$login:vimfiles,$VIM/vimfiles,$VIMRUNTIME,$V
IM/vimfiles/after,sys$login:vimfiles/after")

Hope this help to resolve your problem

Regards,