[Vim-vms] definition of vimruntime logical

Samuel Ferencik sferencik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 13:16:58 CEST 2007

Hello Zoltan,

thanks for your answer. The example you provide is one of the options
that also work for me. Perhaps my description was not clear enough.
Let me try again:

alternative 0:
- use the "optional" definition suggested by the website
- login.com contains:
    $ def vim full_path:[to.the.directory]
    $ def vimruntime vim
- completion does NOT work

alternative 1:
- use full path for both logicals
- login.com contains:
    $ def vim full_path:[to.the.directory]
    $ def vimruntime full_path:[to.the.directory]
- completion does work

alternative 2 (this is what you showed in your example):
- leave vimruntime undefined
- login.com contains:
    $ def vim full_path:[to.the.directory]
- when vim is run, it creates the vimruntime logical in the lnm$job table
- completion does work

So I am not complaining about this alternative 2, but about
alternative 0, which is to use
    $ def vimruntime vim
in the login script.

Can you reproduce the problem with alternative 0?

Thanks and regards,
Sam