dtcreate(1) USER COMMANDS dtcreate(1)NAMEdtcreate - The TED Action and Datatype creation client.
The CreateAction client is used to create actions and data-
types to integrate an application into the TED. CreateAc-
tion provides the most commonly needed functions including
the creation of actions for an application, creation of the
associated datatypes for the application's data files, and
the ability to specify the Open and Print actions for those
datatypes. The output from this tool is a actions and data-
types definition file placed within the users
$HOME/.dt/types directory and an action file that is placed
in the users $HOME directory. CreateAction also provides the
ability to edit a action and datatypes definition file that
was created using this tool.
KEY SUPPORTED TASKS
- Creating of actions to represent applications, commands,
shell scripts, etc.
- Creating of datatypes to represent an application's data
- Creating of the Open and Print actions for the datatypes.
- Creating of the actions and datatypes definition file
within the user's /HOME/.dt/types directory.
- Creating the action file within the user's home direc-
tory. This file provides the ability for the icon to be
visible within the TED's managers such as the File
- Modifying of actions and datatypes definition files that
were created using this tool.
- Rereading of the action and datatype database so that the
actions and datatypes are available for immediate use.
Loads the <filename> action and datatype definition
file into CreateAction for modification.
Exit values are:
0 Successful completion.
Unix System LaboratoLast change: 1 August 1995 1
dtcreate(1) USER COMMANDS dtcreate(1)
>0 Error condition occurred.
dtcreate will load the MyAction.dt action and datatype
definition file and display using dtcreate's graphic user
Unix System LaboratoLast change: 1 August 1995 2